The nonprofit educational programme Altemus is pleased to announce a call for applications for its foundational 2-week leadership programme. This programme offers young people a unique opportunity to:
- Develop fundamental leadership skills and competencies
- Have a community service experience
- Receive one-on-one feedback and coaching
- Meet like-minded peers from around the world
To be eligible as a Wildcard participant for the Altemus Leadership Programme you must be:
- An Erasmus student, an exchange student or young professional from a EU member state;
- Proficient in English;
- Between 20-29 years old; and,
- In good health (physical and mental) and capable of trekking with a 10 kg backpack for 5-8 hours/day on flat, and hilly terrain (moderate difficulty).
The Altemus Leadership Programme combines a residential training, community service and trekking. The topics covered are: inner leadership (self-understanding, visioning, goal-setting and planning) and leading others (qualities and responsibilities of a leader, building and leading high performance teams, team problem-solving). The training is intensive, interdisciplinary and participatory. Our international team of trainers is comprised of highly qualified professionals. A certificate of completion will be handed out at the end of the training to participants. Wildcard participants have the option of attending either the entire 2-week programme or only the residential portion of the leadership training.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Young people eager to develop their fullest human and leadership potential. We especially encourage applications from young women and men who are active in their communities:
- working with vulnerable populations (for example, children, elderly, the sick, disabled, or mentally challenged, at-risk youth, migrants, indigenous);
- fighting corruption, discrimination, or poverty;
- promoting environmental protection – education; or,
- undertaking social innovation.
- A commitment to social justice issues
- An authentic and verifiable contribution to his/her community
- Integrity, openness, respect for others, adaptability
This programme is run at cost. Altemus staff and trainers donate their expertise and services. All educational materials, including psychometric and team role reports are provided free of charge to ALP participants. There is no registration or participation fee for the training.
Food & Lodging
Participants must cover their own food and lodging during the programme. For the residential portion of the training the cost for food and lodging is 400€. This amount must be transferred to Altemus’ bank account in order to reserve a place in the training. Bank details will be provided to the Wildcard recipients.
During the trek-camino portion of the programme, each participant will be responsible for covering his/her own food and lodging (25€/day). We will be walking 5, possibly 6 days.
Participants are to make and pay for their own travel arrangements.
To Apply send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org